Tuesday, August 29, 2006

What Can I Do to Make This Up?

Maria completed her first full day of high school today! Yay Maria! In all the excitement, her mother forgot to pick her up from school, and that is not even worthy of a picture.

Never! Can a mother forget her nursing child? Can she feel no love for a child she has borne? But even if that were possible, I would not forget you! Isaiah 49:15

Finally, at about 3:10 pm, I began to wonder why I was having such a leisurely afternoon when I thought it was going to be a busy one. And as I was getting ready to leave for the cross country meet, I began to wonder where Maria was. It finally occurred to me that this year, oh yes, I have to pick her up from school.

8 comments:

Gracie said...

oh. i'm sorry i can't help but laugh. i just like it sometimes when other people are human :-) And I know u're a good Mom and if u can write about it, it reveals u're not too upset about it either. I suppose if it was the last day of school, and u'd been in the pattern of picking her up everyday and THEN forgot, it would be worse. Dontchathink?

Gracie said...

regarding no pix, didn't you want to capture Maria's face when u finally did pick her up?? :-)

Anonymous said...

I just love this story. I'm sure Maria will tell it over and over when her own children begin high school. You may have left Bridget wondering about her own future safety.

So how are the cross country meets going????

Aunt Becky

Jewels said...

Aunt Becky,
I'm sure I'll be blogging all about the CC meets one of these days. Edward is improving. We tried a non-dairy regimen before yesterday's race and that seemed to help his stomach. He finished in 19:58 and we were happy with his race because the corse was brutal. Julia

Jewels said...

Gracie,

Maria's face was just as sweet as ever! She is very forgiving.

pearlie said...

Julia,
Sounds like something I would do! Just hope Calvin would be just as forgiving ;)

Jewels said...

Maeghan,
My kindred spirit! By the time he is 14 he'll probably be uses to you! lol Julia

Jewels said...

Oops Maeghan, that's "used to" you.