Friday, August 18, 2006

Getting Bigger

So Edward & I were sitting here on a quiet Friday night. He has his first cross country race tomorrow for the season - it's a scrimmage - and I am anxiously awaiting my date with the pit pots. Edward went in the backyard to bat some balls up on the roof and I went out to take a few pictures. I wistfully (as wistful as I get - John says I have no sentimental bones in my body) recalled the hours upon hours when he would play out back with the neighbor boy, Teddy. This is true - Eddie & Teddy would play a baseball game they made up for hours and hours and hours, and then they got too big and started hitting the windows on the house and getting them stuck in the gutters around the roof, and that was the end of that. Now they are even bigger and doing high school sports and that is even more fun. So yay for getting bigger.

Earlier this week, I took Edward to the doctor for a physical since he missed the sports physical at school. The doctor told him to lay down on this table that must have been 3 feet long. Did I mention this is his pediatrician? He started doing his obligatory poking around in the abdomen which immediately caused Ed to start laughing to which Dr. H said something like, "Ever since you were a little guy, you couldn't handle the tactile sensation..." At least some things never change.

june 045

3 comments:

pearlie said...

Julia,
They grow up so fast and yet they never grow up! They will still be our little boys and girls, eh?

Jewels said...

Yay! It's a mystery, just like you writing me on Saturday and here I sit still in Friday! Oy.

Bob said...

If you ever need a "sentimental bone", just ask me. I have way too many! Still, it's good to hear that getting bigger is a good thing.