Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I Just Found Out I'll Be Camping With Pit Pots

om 022
Sometimes these are out in the woods.

Today John & I helped our church host a picnic for the North Monroe Business Association. It was a gorgeous, sunny day and I had the enjoyable assignment of handing out soft ice cream sandwiches to people sitting beneath the beating sun. I was in full-swing salesman mode with the ice cream sandwiches since I pretty much believe in them and I was doing so well, I ran out of them.

Next, I was charged with distributing these dubious little packages with a "Fairly Odd Parents" theme that said something about strawberry and lemon ice and gum, but I could not quite ascertain what they were exactly. But because I was already in full mode, I handed out a LOT of them. When it was over, Justin gave me a taste of his, and it was something you would only like if you were a little kid because it was of an unidentifiable sickly sweet flavor. And here I had handed out about a billion of them to all the sensible business people of North Monroe. I'm sure they are all hoping I'll be back next year.

After I left, John signed us up for the church camp-out this weekend - we can only go on Saturday Night. John asked Pastor Amy if the camping was rustic and she said yes, there are vault toilets which is just a more sophisticated way to say pit pots. John told her he would wait until we were on the road to camping before he told me, but then he must have thought it wise to warn me ahead of time. Now I have a few days to consider this.

2 comments:

Bob said...

Should be lots of bloggable moments there! Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Jewels said...

Thanks! It's good to know someone likes to read about my adventures. And thanks airforcefun for the tips...I need all the help I can get.