Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Yes, I got the space next to the space for expectant mothers!

Yesterday, I had about had it with my oedipal cat, so I decided to get away by going over to the mall. I ended up getting some of the thickest, most luxurious pale gold bath towels that ever set foot in our household for the BOY'S BATHROOM since theirs is the one with the washer & dryer in it and I have to look at them all the time so they might as well be nice to look at. (run-on I know, but it's fun) Then I thought I would at least look at the walking shoes over at Dick's. I walk at least 2 miles every day in a pair of hand-me-down running shoes that Limeward dc-obx05 250wore in 6th grade. And I actually saw a pair of New Balance walking shoes on clearance for 29.99. They were pretty cool and did not even look orthotic as so many of them can look. They came complete with a little pink ribbon logo on them which means I am now walking for the cure. And oh, the spring in my step... So all in all, it was a pretty good trip to the mall. This reminds me of Oma and how after we would go shopping she would like to just talk about the great stuff we got and we would all feel really good inside.
P.S. That's Limeward (the name Edward made up for when he wears that shirt) with my mom & dad.

3 comments:

Jewels said...

Yes, shoe shopping is a reason for great dread; however I have a daughter who mysteriously inherited a gene for it.

Anonymous said...

I miss Oma.

Jewels said...

Hey anonymous, I got a tear in my eye...