Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Seeing Double

This is a picture of 2 of my sisters & I over 30 years ago. Oma knit these capes & skirts for us, and we were quite the site to behold. I still remember wearing mine ( the pink one) to church every Sunday.
girlsincapeshalf
Now fast forward to Oma's funeral about 30 years later. Our daughters wore the capes. My daughter is in the pink one I wore. I think that is so amazing.
gDAUGHTERSINcapes
Another thing that was amazing was that she always wanted Easter Lilies on her casket and then she went and died right around Easter so that we could actually GET Easter lilies. I remember not long after her funeral, I heard Ray VanderLaan talking about Hebrews 12:1-3. The image he used for the great cloud of witnesses was "your grandma" waiting for you at the finish line up in heaven while we finish the race. Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

2 comments:

Jewels said...

Yes, my mother kept them under wraps!

pearlie said...

Wow ... your daugther and you really look alike. It would also be fun to take a picture in the same standing position :)
My cousins and I did that once, 10 years apart. It was fun!