Thursday, April 27, 2006

When I Get Old I Shall Wear... a Life is Good Shirt

Yesterday, I was going to Tarjay and in the parking lot, there sat this Big Red Cadillac Seville with a spoked wheel on the trunk and a license plate with the name "SISSY." I almost wanted to stay in the car to see to what character that belonged! But I went in to the store, and I didn't have to go far till I saw her. She was a lady in her 80's, sporting a bright pink ball cap, a lime green velour jump suit, and hot pink & lime green running shoes. And bright, pink lipstick. I stopped short of asking her if she was Sissy, I just knew.
I think I'll be like that when I'm old (if I make it). Except I actually saw my kind of character today at Meijer. There was this old lady in the parking lot dressed in a outdoorsy kind of look. As I was walking in, she came from behind me and asked which "one" I had on. By "one" she meant which "Life is Good" shirt. She came around to the front and said, Oh yeah, I like that one. Then, the whole rest of the way in we talked about which ones we had and which ones we liked. As I passed her later down one of the aisles, my kindred spirit said "Hi again!" and I thought, yes, life is good.

4 comments:

pearlie said...

Hey ... I like these! We don't have these around here. Would love to have one but may want them all! haha ...

pearlie said...

Hey ... I like these! We don't have these around here. Would love to have one but may want them all! haha ...

Jewels said...

Hi Pearlie,
You can find them at www.lifeisgood.com
There are a lot of stores in the US that have them but maybe they haven't made it to KL yet!

Anonymous said...

10 of my friends and I are having a garage sale in which all procedes are going to Cystic Fibrosis, (2 out of 3 of my friend's boys have this disease) anyway, I donated a "life is good t-shirt", and as I watched a happy customer walk away with my shirt, I realized how life is good because friends really do care.