Monday, April 17, 2006

Proof.

Last weekend, we saw the movie "Proof" with Gwyneth Paltrow and Anthony Hopkins. Let me just say that I never knew Gwyneth had it in her to play a female math geek. I could relate to her not really caring much about some of the basic things. After all, everything seems like minutia when your brain is zeroing in on absolute truths! I liked this movie even though I highly doubt that while taking care of her mentally ill father she could have solved this problem about prime numbers which had eluded mathematicians for centuries (while sitting at her kitchen counter no less.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jewels!

I absolutely love Gwyneth in "Emma". Have you seen it? It's such a Beverly movie!

Elizabeth

Jewels said...

It looks good - I'll have to see it soon!

pearlie said...

Told my husband about Gwyneth being a math geek, he did what we at home call "a Wallace & Gromit" (a slap on the forehead)!! But I am interested - I will look out for it.