Saturday, April 15, 2006

Life in G.R.usalem

John & I met some members of our new church at an art gallery downtown today. We met there to view an exhibit by Kevin Rolly called "Stations of the Cross." Wow, it was very powerful! He uses a technique called Silver Emulsion Multi-media Oilgraph in which he takes multiple pictures and kind of bonds them together with oil. (You can see them if you click on the link). He took pictures of actual models who were not Christians but became believers after they modeled the 15 stations. The gallery owner said that the artist went to Target to look for a cross but they didn't have any. (I guess I don't know if she was joking, I don't think she was.) He ended up making one out of railroad ties that weighed 300 pounds.
We could hardly believe we spent 2 hours there and we really enjoyed talking with one of the pastors, a few members and the gallery owners.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's not exactly my kind of art. It's not "pretty".

Elizabeth