Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Anyone Want Some Snow?



We've gotten about 91.5 inches of snow so far this winter. I saw somewhere that our average is 73.2 inches per year, so yay, we are ABOVE AVERAGE! Yesterday, I had to give a speaker who spoke at the Institute for Spiritual Care a ride to the airport for his return trip to San Diego. He hadn't seen snow in over 20 years, so he had quite an adventure here. I told him the good thing is, it covers up a lot of ugly this time of year. Or as my friend Gracie so eloquently put it, the snow-filled splendor disguises what otherwise may appear to be deadened, barren moments. That's a good way to say it.

4 comments:

Annette Gysen said...

We don't have many jobs in
West Michigan, but we do have plenty of snow and foreclosures. It's a great place to live!

Jewels said...

Annette - At least the snow plow drivers are busy!

Gracie said...

Aww. Thanks for the reference. I'm way behind in reading (your blog, much less writing my own) but I'm delighted those words captured your attention. Personally, I just needed to focus on the good and the beauty!! And God knows how to bring it.

Jewels said...

Those were good & beautiful words, Gracie!