Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Once

This past weekend, I saw the movie Once. It was a gem. Yes, it was SO good, I watched it TWICE! It's about an Irish street musician and a Czech immigrant who strike up a friendship based on their mutal love of music and it was filmed on the streets of Belfast. It came out last year, but we're usually on a bit of a movie delay here, ie. we don't see it until it comes out in DVD. Well, I couldn't find it in the video stores, but I did find it at the public library.


3 comments:

ELK said...

we are slow as well and have a hard time finding ones we all like ~thanks for the suggestion

Anonymous said...

I loved 'Once' too. A friend lent me the DVD saying I have to watch it because it's about a street performer (and I am one, too). The scene where the busker runs after a guy who stole money from his bag rang very true - I had that happen to me, too, and it ended the same way as in the movie. From there on the movie kept growing on me as it went on.

All the best,

Saw Lady
www.SawLady.com/blog

Betsy Joy said...

I LOVE this movie! One of my all-time favorites (especially because of the accent... :) hehe) I found it at Blockbuster, but I really need to get myself a copy. I listen to the soundtrack all the time. :) Glad you liked it too!