Sunday, November 16, 2008

Beautiful Golden Blankets

sunny fall leaves

This past week on my walk, I took this slightly overexposed photo of the neighbor's tree across the street. It was a sunny day and I was loving the brightness. The next day, there was a golden layer beneath the tree that was so thick and soft that it reminded me of a warm blanket. By the time I got home from work, it had been raked up into bags. I "facebooked" my neighbor to say that I was so sad to see the beautiful golden blanket gone and she wrote back to say that even though it was so much work, she couldn't help but stop to see how beautiful they were and how sad that their job was done.
I'm hoping their job isn't quite done if I put this picture on the blog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The color is so rich and gorgeous! The beauty does live on in your picture!

Brown Eyed Girl said...

I am not a fan of the color yellow except when it is on beautiful fall leaves. Thanks for sharing.

Leacayoungart said...

this is gorgeous. that color is wonderful.