Saturday, November 15, 2008

Blogger Award



My friend Annette from Head and Heart has passed this award along for "her stunning photography, witty takes on family life, her cat Leo, and because she, like me, is from Ohio." I now have to share 6 things about me that you don't know and pass the award along.

So... are you ready for some excitement?

1. I grew up in a town of 250 people called Celeryville. They had to stop growing celery there in the 80's because of a celery disease.

2. I spent 2 weeks of my life in a coma when I was 12 years old after getting hit by a car.

3. After coming out of the coma, one of the first things I asked for after holding up 2 fingers in answer to the question, "What is 1 plus 1" was a Snoopy book thus fulfilling my need for humor at such a perilous time. I went on to collect over 3o Peanuts books which I thought was quite a feat at the time.

4. Every day I'm thankful that I was able to live and have such a wonderful family, but maybe you knew that one already.

5. My favorite food of all time is the 3 Cheese Olga from Olga's Kitchen but I don't love eating all that much due to only having 1/2 of a stomach as a result of #2.

6. Thanks to my adventurous husband, I once stood in 4 states at one time.

Ok, I would like to pass this award on to Red or Gray for her very artistic photography and to Gracie for the way she describes the situations common to us all and how we experience grace in them all. Congrats dear friends! I can't wait to learn 6 new things about you all!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I did not know that celery is no longer grown in celeryville..... AL

ELK said...

you are such a wonderful blog friend you made my day..an award is so much fun!

Annette Gysen said...

I did actually know several of these already, but the ones I didn't know were so amazing that they made up for it :)! Where is it possible to stand in four states at one time?

Jewels said...

ELK Thanks!

Annette - At the 4 corners national monument where CO, NM, AZ & UT meet.