Saturday, September 09, 2006

Staring into the Sun

june 019-3

This past summer when we went to the Outer Banks, we drove through Washington DC at 6:30 in the morning. Maria's friend who was with us had never seen the White House, so John dropped us off to take pictures while he circled the premises in the van. . . with the car top carrier on top. He felt kind of fishy, but thankfully, no one else thought he was. The above picture was taken in front of the Capitol Building as the sun was rising. It was no use, I couldn't tell the sun to get back a minute while I took the picture. I thought of this post because I was sorting old pictures and I saw this one.

Most of the rest of my day today involved shopping for a new pair of tan pants which sounds almost as exciting as a tan van. I tried on at least 5 pairs and there was just a little something wrong with each one of them, so I am still in the market for tan pants - in a country where pants don't seem to rise any higher than a butt crack. I know I sound like a grumpy 80 year old lady, but one pair that I tried on actually went up to my waist, and I heard myself go "Ah!" And this is what happens when John is in High Marathon Training Mode: I am left to find my own excitement.

2 comments:

Jewels said...

Thanks. I was trying to salvage the shot in to the sun.

Anonymous said...

One thing Julia, we can ge little ole ladies together!