Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Onder den auto

After yesterday's big lesson on "Onder Den Dam" where I told you it probably means under the dam, this next thing happened today when I was in the Meijer parking lot. I saw this rusty red Jetta with some of the trim torn off sitting near the bus stop there. On the dashboard was a sign to somebody named Jessica with words written in Dutch that said that something was "en magneet onder den auto." No rocket science is necessary here. I saw our Jessica get off bus 10 and walk over to the car, look at the note and smile, reach under the car and get the key, get in the car and drive home. I'm glad the car was still there for her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work, and I may be writing in Dutch next time.

Aunt Becky

Gracie said...

I think u showed remarkable restraint in not moving the note and/or the key and/or the car...:-)

Jewels said...

Do you know Dutch, Aunt Becky?