Friday, September 29, 2006

Feet for the Path

I spent part of the day today coming to terms with some minor disappointments along with this thing on my chin that draws so much attention to itself that no one hears what I am really saying when I talk. As the day wore on, I couldn't figure out why I was still feeling so bad - then I remembered: I sort of forgot to eat. I felt a bit better after I ate some Kashi and picked Maria up from school, but I still felt scattered. Bridgie came off the bus and humorously modelled her school picture pose:

cam 028
Bridget posing for the blog

She was feeling acutely self conscious as she was instructed to lift her chin, tilt her head just so, and turn, thus resulting in the appropriate yearbook pose. I remember those days like yesterday. Now, the extent of my portrait experience is at the DMV where they don't care how you look. Stand on the tape, look at the dot. Snap.

As the afternoon wore on, my head felt like it was going to explode. Edward brought his new cross country shirts home right before supper and here was the brightest spark of the day. His sweatshirt has Habbakkuk 3:19 on the back: "The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights." The t-shirt has a traffic light that I could only dream about because I am a speeding-ticket certified lead-foot: it has three green lights! And along the side it says, "Never Stop." Do you love it?

No comments: