Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Zeroing In

I've always been one of those people who play a song over and over and over again, ad nauseum, when I find one that I like, much to John's dismay. Songs like One More Dollar by Gillian Welch, or In the Palm of Your Hand by Alison Krauss, Untitled Hymn by Chris Rice, Variations on the Kanon by George Winston, Good Riddance by Green Day, Oh Very Young by Cat Stevens, or Sing to Jesus by Fernando Ortega. Almost every CD has a song that I zero in on as The One That I Must Listen To Over & Over.

I am happy to report that I'm not the only one to possess this characteristic that causes our cat to drink water out of the potty (no, I guess I don't really know what makes him do that). Today Bridget & Maria rode their bikes to the store to get the new Taylor Hick's CD which was released this morning. I came home from work at 1 pm to a happy Bridgie who was on her billionth listen of "Do I Make You Proud" and Edward thinking This Can't Be Happening to Me. She is taking after her mother.

om 020

2 comments:

Hepzibah The Watchman said...

I am with you on playing the same song over and over. I play Jewel's songs "Voices to Sounds of Freedom" and "Inside the Absense of Fear".

May God bless you and your family.

Jewels said...

That's cool, a kindred spirit! Thanks for the comment.