Monday, June 12, 2006

Hole-in-Two

Today for work we had to go to the golf outing which our organization sponsored as a fund-raiser. Sharon & I had to sit at the 15th hole as witnesses to any hole-in-ones that occurred there since anyone who hit one won a year lease on a new car! Evidentally, we had to witness this for insurance purposes. So we sat there talking to golfers who went by and each other for 4 hours and it was really quite lovely listening to the birds in a field of grass with blue sky overhead and pleasant temperatures, etc.
As the morning drew nigh, I said to Sharon, if nobody gets a hole in one, I won't feel like I have been working. But Sharon said that it's all on a continuum, which is to say we were there as part of the bigger picture of everything. What a great job I have!

No comments: