Thursday, September 02, 2010

Love Thursday

Well, yesterday was the big day when I took Maria to Calvin College. I LOVE that place!!! I was so excited in the morning after we loaded the car that Maria told me to calm down. We had to wait for about 25 minutes before we could leave because Maria said they said not to get there too early. Well, we pulled in at 9 o'clock on the dot and we were not the first ones there by any stretch of the imagination.

We were met by a wonderful We-haul girl whose shirt said, "I offer my cart promptly and sincerely." This makes perfect sense if you know the Calvin motto, Lord I offer my heart promptly and sincerely.

maria we-haul

Soon Maria's friend Abby came and I could take their photo in front of their dorm.

maria abby rooks3

John came over and met us for lunch since he works at Calvin. We dined also with Abby's parents and her brother.

IMG_1562 lunch2

Then to add to the excitement of the day, I ran into a floormate Paulette moving her son in and my suitemate Kristi who was moving her daughter from Ethiopia (both from my freshman year). We were feeling the excitement for our kids that we felt 29 years ago when we moved in.

1st floor veenstra
First Floor Veenstra reunion

It was a good day!

No comments: