Monday, September 27, 2010

Hope Rising

Monroe Community Church

Yesterday, Pastor Amy interviewed Lynelle Shooks whose photography of the people in the Dominican Republic is installed in our church for ArtPrize. She talked about "Hope Rising", a program of Worldwide Christian Schools and Christian Reformed World Missions which seeks to bring hope to people there.

Pastor Amy read from the book of Lamentations (3:20-24). We have hope because of what God has done for us and we wait for Him.

20 I well remember them,
and my soul is downcast within me.

21 Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:

22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.

23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

24 I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him."

1 comment:

S. Etole said...

those are such reassuring scriptures ...