Tuesday, September 28, 2010

At the Moment, Nothing Eclipses ArtPrize

IMG_2814
"Balloon Chain" off of the Blue Bridge adds to the festive atmosphere

This past Saturday evening, John & I headed downtown to take in more of the art on display from around the world. We started at Cathedral Square Exhibition Center and saw some amazing outdoor sculptures:

IMG_2790
IMG_2770 IMG_2769
"Axis-Mundi"

This next piece moves in the wind and when I got home and looked at it closer...

IMG_2774bw

I realized it was a mother and baby...

IMG_2777
Sure enough, it is called "Birth's Embrace."

3 comments:

Deirdre Honner said...

Oh I LOVE the black and white - too the same picture- yours is better. :) How did I miss the balloons?

Oh, I cannot wait until Thursday with you.

ELK said...

i have so enjoyed following this through your eyes..what an amazing event

S. Etole said...

yes to what ELK said ... what an event