Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Walking Miracles

Well, the good news is I survived the routine mammogram I had yesterday that I had been putting off for 5 or 6 years. The rather large lady who administered the test seemed to thoroughly enjoy her job of compressing what little flesh I had and walking, a bit slowly I might add, over to her machine to press the button. She then said, "Oh are you one of those who like it quick and painful?" I couldn't comprehend at the time why I would be one of those who prefer it slow and painful. Anyway, she was jolly and I told her she did a good job because of that.

Today, I went to my new doctor for an annual physical. He took out his calculator and calculated my risk of breast cancer in the next 5 years based on my history & statistics as something like .018%. He was nice, I liked him. I noticed that he had a PhD in addition to an MD and he told me he taught in medical school before becoming a doctor. Since I was a new patient, we went over my ever so fascinating medical history and he looked at me the whole time like I was a walking miracle. Aren't we all?

7 comments:

Annette Gysen said...

You are a walking miracle, Julia! It's about time you got that mammogram--they really aren't that bad when you compare them to something like childbirth. They're over a lot quicker.

Anooja said...

Julia.. dont know what had happened to u before, but good to hear ur fine and keeping well. May God continue to bless u and keep u in good health and cheers !!!!

x said...

hi, julia! i know you will be okay because God is on your side;. nice blog! i hope it's ok if i look around. :)

Jewels said...

Annette - except when they take their time...

Anooja - I was hit by a car a long time ago and something like 12 surgeries, then later a retroperitoneal abcess & bowel obstruction. But today, I'm in good health.

Acey- Welcome! I'm glad to know you & I'll be checking out your blog. And yes, I know I'm here only by the grace of God! :)

Anooja said...

Julia, it sounded so bad
I admire your will and spirit..
You are a Survivor !!!!!!!!!
Take care..........

Jewels said...

Thanks Anooja, good to hear from you!

pearlie said...

I couldn't comprehend at the time why I would be one of those who prefer it slow and painful.
LOL

I was hit by a car a long time ago and something like 12 surgeries, then later a retroperitoneal abcess & bowel obstruction. But today, I'm in good health.
Whoa... I didn't know that... you ARE a walking miracle... and a walking pillar of God's grace.