Sunday, December 02, 2007

Maria in Wonderland

Last night, we went to see Alice in Wonderland performed at South Christian where our very own Maria played the part of the Six of Hearts as one of the Heart Children. She didn't have any speaking parts but the expressions on her face said it all! Her good friend Abby was perfect in the role of Alice.

kingqueen

It was hilarious to see her playing croquet with fly swatters and balloons in one scene. The expressions on her face reminded me of when she was little and used to play games with Edward that they made up.
croquet

John presented our thespian with a bouquet at the end. I think she rolled her eyes a little but she was very excited.
maria
Maria, back home after the cast party in front of the Christmas tree

6 comments:

pearlie said...

Wish I was there! I love these kinds of play but they are rare here.

Congratulations Maria!

Jewels said...

Thanks Pearlie! You would have loved it.

Anooja said...

Thats lovely..
maria looks her part and so do the young actors and the set ...

Jewels said...

Hey Anooja, Thanks, they did a good job!

Annette Gysen said...

Great pics, Julia! They did a good job. And as soon as Abby walked on stage, I thought, "She's the Disney Alice!"

Jewels said...

Yes, I agree with that. I was happy with how these pix came out from row M, but I had a few blurry ones like the one of the Knave eating cookies! She did a good job!