Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Christmas Cookies, Part 2

cookies
Maria decorating Christmas cookies

Ok, so now I remember why I don't make Christmas cookies every year. It's a big production! Maria & I worked on rolling, cutting, baking, and frosting them for 3 hours yesterday, and much to my dismay, I hardly had the energy to photograph them. We made Edward take some to our neighbors. One of them called and was impressed. I said something about feeling like a grinch at the moment, and we laughed over the story of it all. Wasn't life hard enough in the olden days when they used to make these? Since my Christmas cookie cutters were pretty worthless, we made the rest in heart-shaped-Christmas-love cookies.

maria 025

9 comments:

Annette Gysen said...

Very nice, Julia. But I did give you another option for crafty, homemade gift giving!

Jewels said...

Eww, I'm not going to do that one.

Anooja said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anooja said...

hii thats nice looking...

In India, we bake cakes for Christmas, plus a lot of Indian stuff like rose cookies (these r made from rice flour+ coconut milk+egg and deep fried, not like the normal cookies :-)), diamond cuts, muruku, kalkal and so on

i have never baked cookies, can you send please send me the recepie

Take care :)

pearlie said...

so now I remember why I don't make Christmas cookies every year
I do! haha ... after that one time, I decided I am not a cookie person - eat yes, make definitely NO!

Sending some over? ;)

Jewels said...

Anooja- I'll send you the recipe - send me yours, they sound interesting and bloggable.

Pearlie- I agree, eat yes, bake no but if they are too pretty to eat... I wish I could send some over, but for now, can you get by with me sending some cyber-joy?

Anonymous said...

i think its funny how grandma has this big designer Christmas tree with all the ornaments matching, then we have a Christmas tree with a bunch of random ornaments. Then grandma makes these cookies with such detailed design and we go and make these cookies with old cookie cutters and home made frosting and sprinkles. somethings a little weird about that.

Jewels said...

Bridgie,
It shows how everybody expresses themselves differently.

pearlie said...

You've been sending cyberjoys already :)