Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas Light

chrfilm

I was looking back through my Christmas pictures when I saw how many times I had that maddening habit of forgetting to turn my flash on when I would try to capture a quick second in time. It's never quite the same when you have to say, Wait a minute, let me turn my flash on! The second is ruined! I'm often met with the tease, "Ok , Judy" (my grandma-who-fussed-with-her-camera's nickname), and hence that second and the beautiful memory is lost forever. You can see how important it is to carry the Light with us through all of our seconds or life will be a blur.

Today, in church we were challenged to think about how God has blessed us this year and how we can use these gifts to bless others. I thought of this Chris Rice song(click on the play button):


6 comments:

x said...

beautiful post, julia. i agree with you. i hope that Light lives again in me. i know it will help people be happy. :) happy new year!

Jewels said...

I'm praying for you Acey!

Anonymous said...

Julia;
Thank you for sharing so many of your gifts through your blog. I check yours daily and receive spiritual enlightment plus remain totally envied with your photography and computer skills.

Jewels said...

Thanks Donna,

I was thinking you should start a blog. They really aren't that hard to do & you learn things as you go.

Dine With Donna said...

Julia;
I have a blog "Dine with Donna". Our girls decided I should do a food blog. I ocassionaly do a Journal. That has received many comments to me but not posted thru the blog.

I really enjoy your style and wit. I also must share when you posted the identical cousins I showed my husband the photo. He has always said the Bouman girls are so beautiful. His comment: it is another generation of beautiful Bouman girls!

Jewels said...

Donna- Wow, I checked out your cool food blog. I may get motivated to do some good cooking again! Thanks for the link.