Monday, October 22, 2007

The Leaves have not Left Yet

leaves
Today in my neighborhood

I was reading something Jerry Seinfeld said about the first joke of his that got a laugh. It was about lefties - and I was interested since my mom, John and Bridget are all lefties. He was talking about how left handedness and left things are associated with the negative - like 2 left feet, or you go to a party and nobody is there, where did everybody go? They left.

So sorry Mom, John, Bridget, when the leaves fall, that means they left. Too bad.

6 comments:

pearlie said...

Oh! It'll be autumn soon - it takes you to remind me :)

BTW, I am right-handed ;)

And I love the quote on your header this morning: “We're so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take time to enjoy where we are.” Calvin & Hobbes - who else ;)

Anonymous said...

My advice to all the righties of the world is to just do your best.
Thats all we can expect from you.

sighned
the lefties

Jewels said...

Pearlie- I know the feeling. If our trees didn't change with the season, I would never know what season we were in, I'm a rightie too!

Bridge -haha you and Daddy are so funny.

Anonymous said...

Julia, that is one of the most beautiful pictures of autumn leaves I've ever seen.

I'm making it my desktop wallpaper/screensaver.

What kind of digital camera do you have? Brand name and number?
Thanks, Jodi

Jewels said...

Thanks Jodi, Maybe you miss the leaves changing a bit out there?

I have a Canon Digital Rebel XT with an EF 28-135mm IS USM lens that makes a big difference.

jessica said...

nice bridget