Saturday, October 27, 2007

Breakfast at Panerra

This morning I met my friend Annette at Panerra for our "monthly" breakfast which has turned in to more of a biannual affair. We recounted our last breakfast during the great February blizzard of '07 where we drank coffee oblivious to the churning white maelstrom outdoors. When we finally became aware of the great distress outside, we decided that Panerra would not be a bad place to be snowed in - they have coffee, bathrooms, good food, and a fireplace. It is, as the Dutch say, gezelligheid.

So this morning, we sat by the fireplace, my baptist-buckeye-turned-reformed-prematurely-widowed friend and I, trying to comprehend life here in GR. A lady seated near us who was reading a book commented what a gift it was to have breakfast with a friend. And so it was, as 3 hours later we realized it was time to move on with our days. See you next month, Annette.

3 comments:

Annette Gysen said...

I really should visit this blog more often, Julia. It was a great way to spend a Saturday morning, and, as you commented during breakfast, I probably could have sat there all day. When I think about time spent with friends like you, I realize that eternity will never be boring--there will always be things to talk about :)!

Jewels said...

True Annette. Will we still keep in touch with blogs in heaven?

Annette Gysen said...

I can't imagine that blogs will be a part of heaven, because they require computers.