Thursday, October 18, 2007

Running for the Prize

xc 001-1
John & I went yesterday to watch Edward run in his last XC meet at Johnson Park where his school usually has their home meets. This was the last time I'll see him run across this field in a race. The start of the late fall colors added to the beauty of the moment. Ed ran fast enough this season to get a varsity letter, but not fast enough to be in the top 7 who actually run varsity, so he ran in the reserve race at the Conference meet.

xc 003
I savored watching them - and him - run by!

xc 010-1
And run by again. And then, when I saw him run by again, I did so without a camera in front of my face.

xc 028-1
The South Christian reserve team had 7 runners in the top 10 and came home with the trophy for 1st place.

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. I Corinthians 9:24

5 comments:

Roadcrosser said...

Hey Julia
I wonder how John did because I didn't see the pictures and I don't know what place is he.

Anyway I got a new blog and its a club. If you want to join go to my calvin calvin blog for details. I hope you can join!

Jewels said...

Hi Calvin- John didn't run because this was a race for Edward's high school. I'm going to check out your club sometime soon I hope! Now I'm on my way to work though.

Roadcrosser said...

Good luck then

calvin

pearlie said...

I did so without a camera in front of my face

It pays to have a photographer for a mom though they have to suffer her well ;)

Jewels said...

They are so patient with me, Pearlie.