Monday, October 08, 2007

Getting Giddy

So, after spending 5 days in Bedum, we headed down toward Amsterdam via Germany so we could drive on the Autobahn. John got old Slingerland up to about 87 MPH and of course, the cars sailed past him in the left lane.
netherlands 599

We made it safely back to Dutch soil and went to a sweet little restaurant next to a monastery.
netherlands 600

We resumed the intense experience of ordering out of Dutch menus...
netherlands 601

where you never know what you're going to end up with...
netherlands 604 netherlands 606

Dad, very calmly, always knew what was going on...
netherlands 603

The signs, oh the signs, seemed to get even harder to read.
netherlands 623

Yet, the sight of a Buckeye tree with Buckeyes on the ground gave my Buckeye travelling companions a renewed sense of vigor for the journey home.
netherlands 616

After arriving at our hotel near Amsterdam, John & I went on to the city to scope out the trail for the day ahead. Stay tuned for our last exciting adventure which will take a few days to blog about...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you're happy now. Just remember - the last picture on my camera was that close-up one of you on the train.

Jewels said...

Yup, but you don't have a blog :)

Actually, you must admit the picture really captured the mood of the story!

pearlie said...

I must let you know that I am enjoying your posts and the fabulous pictures. Just that I couldn't be commenting with too many "wow" and "great pictures" and "love it!" hahaha

But I like the signage one :) I heard someone saying once during a conference - "there are many signs and wonders in Malaysia. You see the signs and then wonder which way to go!"

Jewels said...

Pearlie - It's ok if you just say wow - that's kind of what I do on your blog sometimes :)

That's funny about the Malaysian signs...

pearlie said...

It's ok if you just say wow
I do! But I think I would sound quite a dolt if I did that more than 3 times in a row! haha

Roadcrosser said...

you mean like wowowow? or wow wow wow or bow wow wow... wait, that's a dog