Saturday, February 24, 2007

My Daughter, the Seamstress

feb 010

The Sewing Gene evidentally has skipped a generation and gone from my mother to my daughter. It didn't like it in my body very much. I watched my little Maria save up her money several years ago to buy a sewing machine and I wondered where she could have gotten such an idea. She amazed me. And last night, she was almost a blur as she asked me for a sheet and soon was twirling around in this little dress she made for her Odyssey of the Mind team's skit. She doesn't sew that often - she uses it mainly for costumes and crafts and mending - but she does sew more than her mother.

feb 011
Demonstrating the twirl for the OM skit

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy Maria got her wonderful ability to sew from her grandmother! What a cute dress!

Annette Gysen said...

Does Maria do hems?

Jewels said...

I think she could if it was necessary.

pearlie said...

pThat is so admirable. I never had that talent :) and I guess never will!

Bob said...

I am soooooo impressed!!!! My girls would love a super-twirly dress like that!