Monday, February 26, 2007

For the Beauty of the Earth

feb 042


Last evening, we had the privilege of attending Edward & Maria's orchestra concert at South Christian. Since Edward is always in the front row with his cello, I am able to get his picture from the audience. For the first time ever, the orchestra and band performed in the same program with the choirs. At the end, the choirs and the orchestra did the piece "For the Beauty of the Earth" which they had been practicing, but never together. At the end, they got a standing ovation which I think was more for our Creator.

For the beauty of the earth, For the glory of the skies;
For the love which from our birth, Over and around us lies;
Lord of all, to Thee we raise
This, our hymn of grateful praise.

For the wonder of each hour, Of the day and of the night;
Hill and vale and tree and flow'r, Sun and moon, and stars of light;
Lord of all, to Thee we raise
This, our hymn of grateful praise.

We left the concert with that beautiful song vibrating in our hearts. Soft, thick snowflakes were floating from the sky and I wanted to hold it. We arrived home after 10 pm, and Edward left to go on his run. Our conversation went like this:

Mom: Enjoy the snow.
Edward: What?
Mom: Enjoy the snow.
Edward: Oh yeah, it's good to run on.
Mom: No, I mean just look at the trees, it's beautiful.
Edward: Oh... yeah, I know.

feb 053

feb 052

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Beautiful, I'm jealous, i was NOT ready when all the snow in Missouri melted away at once 2 weeks ago. My mom has 20 inches in her yard in Minnesota, it's not fair. :P Just wait till I get to Japan, we shall see who has the lsat laugh. muhahah

Jewels said...

Hi Ben - I can't picture snow in Japan.