Sunday, February 04, 2007

The Great Blizzard Adventures of '07

blizzard 019 copy

blizzard 027 copy


blizzard 003 copy

blizzard 013 copy

blizzard 017 copy

blizzard 011

John's car shut down on the highway yesterday during the blizzard, but he was followed by Edward & a cop. (His car is pictured above at the auto repair place where we went later to drop off a key.) It continued snowing and blowing through the night, and today, most church services were cancelled. I made it outside this morning for my 2 mile walk in 2 degrees and some astronomical wind chill below zero, and talked to many neighbors who were out shovelling their driveways and maybe longing for contact with real people from the outside world. I tried to help one neighbor push his car out of a snow bank, but I'm a weakling. Soon, John came to the rescue! He also picked me up from my walk and took me out for a cappuccino which in itself is an adventure.

5 comments:

Annette Gysen said...

Julia~

Good pictures! I guess it was a good idea for John and Edward to drive separately. Katie wants to know how you took that one of the window.

Jewels said...

Thanks Annette, Yes, it turned out to be a good move.

I was thrilled when I was walking out of our garage and I saw the crystals on this window! I focused on the crystals and pointed toward the bright snow outside to get the silhouette effect. To further emphasize the cold, I converted the snow pictures to black & white and contrasted them with the colorful, warm fireplace at the bottom.

pearlie said...

Hi Julia,
I have been dropping in quite frequently but really am speechless :) because this is totally out of the world for me -- all I can say is that I wish I were there, especially in the tub! lol

Jewels said...

Thanks Pearlie-

The changing seasons around here are wonderful. I'll get the hot tub arranged when you visit :)

Roadcrosser said...

Let me see now,
the house with the fence,
the car covered with snow,
this is the one! If you don't remember, you posted about halloween last year and you said something about scaring the children after school and you put something on the bench. But now the bench is covered with snow.