Saturday, November 04, 2006

Speechless

We did continue the birthday festivities last night by going to a place called the Macaroni Grill which only actually has macaroni on the children's menu. This cozy restaurant looked like it was in an old Italian villa and the flavors in the parmesan crusted chicken salad I had exploded in my mouth. After our supper, the waitress brought us a big piece of chocolate cake coated in hot fudge with whipping cream and a candle on top.

We went home to have another cake which John brought home, but we each only ate about a cubic inch. It was an awesome cake though because it looked and tasted like a giant ho-ho.

camera 007-2
This was taken shortly before The Gift.

I felt like the excitement could have been sustained forever, but then reality has its way of creeping in sometimes. I opened a present from the girls - it was a new billfold/purse which I needed. But then John prefaced the presentation of his gift with, You probably won't like this, at least not immediately, but in about 2 weeks you might, but you can take it back if you want. I felt like I was about to open Pandora's box as I reached in the gift bag, and pulled out the mystery object. I looked down and saw an external hard drive. I was speechless. I kind of laid on the couch like a popped tire, not sure what to do next. John decided we better go to the store to get that CD I had wanted. As we left, I said something about how it was like getting a furnace for your birthday. We both laughed until we cried. (Not that I wouldn't be thankful for a furnace.)

Now as I sit here at the computer, I do think my new external hard drive is pretty cool in its own way. John said it will hold about 75,000 pictures taken with the 8 MP camera I have. I said it's like getting a photo album then for my birthday... actually, like all the photo albums I will need for the rest of my life. Yay!

camera
Stylish & cute.

3 comments:

pearlie said...

From a geek family to a geek family, sounds like something my husband would get me =D

Anonymous said...

I may have missinterpreted what is meant by giving a "memorable" gift. I thought what could be more memorable then more hard drive memory.

John

Jewels said...

Hi AFF!

I am learning to like it as John said I would :)