Saturday, November 18, 2006

Help, I'm in Enemy Territory!

Once a Buckeye, always a Buckeye...

script_ohio

I grew up in the state of Ohio and somehow, learned to be a diehard fan of the Ohio State Buckeyes even though I grew up in a non-football-loving-family. I think it happened when I was 12 and was in the hospital in Michigan for 6 weeks and travelled frequently to Michigan thereafter for doctor's appointments. I had to stand up for the home team, you know? Even though I've lived in Michigan far longer than I did in Ohio, I have kept my loyalty to the Buckeyes.

This past week, I was talking to our orthodontist and I saw his Ohio State diploma on the wall. This of course led to a 15 minute discussion of Ohio State...

So today is the big game. I can't wait to see what happens!

Here's a joke I heard about the dear Buckeyes by a Michigander: What's the difference between Ohio State and Frosted Flakes? Answer: Frosted Flakes know what to do in a bowl.

Do you see what I have to live with up here?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the fifteen minutes you were talking to the orthodontist i was sitting in the big blue chair waiting for him to checkmy teeth :)

Bob said...

What a game! We're not really "Bucknuts", but it's fun to be a Buckeye when it comes to games like that! I wish I had a Michigan joke to send back to you, but I don't. I guess us Buckeyes are just nicer.

Jewels said...

Hi Airforcefun,

Yes, the Ohio State marching band always did that at half time. And then either the drummer or tuba player dots the 'i'. I missed it yesterday since we were listening to it in the car on the radio.

I didn't know all the fun ones came from Ohio, but I guess it makes sense. :)