Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Good Morning Merry Sunshine

This morning, my alarm clock was a grumpy bedfellow. I am not a morning person. In the morning, I want to keep on sleeping because at night when it's time for bed, I want to keep on living. (John is one of those @#$%^&*! morning people)

Then I read this: Ps.46:5 God himself lives in that city; it cannot be destroyed. God will protect it at the break of day (the crack of dawn).

That woke me up. No need to muddle through before God shows up - he's already here.

Now I just realized I actually wake up with an internal alarm clock. Does that change anything?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lamentations 3:22,23
"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consume, for His compassions never fail. They are NEW EVERY MORNING."

Another reason not to miss mornings!!

Love ya,
Ruth

Jewels said...

You sound like a @#$%^&*! morning person!!!

Anonymous said...

I am!
Don't call here after 10pm!!!

ruth

Bob said...

Julia - I'm right there with ya! Bedtime is a constant struggle for me for the exact same reasons. I never get these people who just love to go to bed at night.

Unknown said...

I have an external alarm, but not the alarm clock. Hard as I try, Checkers demands to be fed at 5:30am when I don't get up till 6
lol

Jewels said...

Hi Benjamin!

Are you Air Force Fun Benjamin? I think you had a pet named Checkers.

pearlie said...

I never have been and never will be a morning person! I think and work best at night :)

Jewels said...

Hi Maeghan - yay, I knew you were cool.
But night for you is morning for me and your morning is my night...

pearlie said...

yay, I knew you were cool.

Woohoo!! We're cool!

But night for you is morning for me and your morning is my night...

Mix us up together in a blender and we will not have to sleep ... lol