Monday, October 16, 2006

The Ultimate Container

When we were at the Outer Banks last summer, my sister Marianna from the land of the Good Stuff had a little clear plastic bag which was the exact right size for all of her sun tan lotions. It was a relic from the turn of the century as it had 2000 emblazoned on the side, and it truly looked like it was made to contain these bottles of lotion. She recounted the origin of the bag and the feeling she had when she realized it was exactly the right size for her lotions. Furthermore, it was waterproof which goes along well with the beach. When you match up a container with such exact dimensions as you need and a profound purpose like this, it is henceforward known as the "Ultimate Container." It feels so good when you actually find an ultimate container that you had better hope there is somebody around to "high 5" when this happens to you.

It usually happens with leftovers. One time, I tried to apply the term to a new pair of pants, but Mar said "No." She made me promise to blog about it someday when it happens, and no one in our office really does high 5's anyway, so here it goes. I wanted to mail 5 books to Pella, and I found the perfect, right-sized box for them:

camera 019
High Five!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julia,

I am very much into ultimate containers as I try to mail small, perfect packages to Uganda. So, high 5 on the Ultimate Book Container!! :) I know your joy!

Aunt Becky

Anonymous said...

couldn't resist this:

II Corinth 4:7
"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us."

Are we the ultimate container?

Love your daily messages.
ruth

Jewels said...

High 5 Aunt Becky!

High 5, Ruth!

Hi Air Force Fun!

Anonymous said...

Julia,

I'm gonna give this one to ya'. You nailed it right on the head. So awesome that you had your camera there to capture it. I'm still waiting to see some of your awesome cooking leftovers in the ultimate container. Although I guess if they were that awesome - you wouldn't have leftovers, right?