Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The Ultimate Coffee Cup

camera 027

I overslept this morning. When John, the fully-clothed early bird, stopped back in the bedroom to wake me up, I asked him what day it was. I couldn't believe it wasn't Saturday. I fast-forwarded through the morning routine and drove Bridget all of 50 feet to the bus stop because it was raining. We waited for the bus as we tried to get stupid songs stuck in each other's head for the day. The mug pictured above has been with me since college, and it was with me through this morning's conundrum. I don't know why coffee tastes the best in it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You wrote "I couldn't believe it was Saturday...and you drove to the bus stop"

It is Tuesday today!

You are funny...

Gracie said...

Great chunky mugs are what I look for in coffee cups. And they do make a difference.
Shouldn't a week have more Saturdays in it? I think so!

Jewels said...

that's I couldn't believe it wasn't Saturday :)

Jewels said...

Gracie,

Chucky mugs have too fat of lips for my taste.

pearlie said...

Because it has your name on it and it has been with you for so long :)
I am for fat lipped mugs, not hour-glass shaped ones ... LOL

Jewels said...

Meaghan,

Duh. lol

Anonymous said...

Your coffee cup is amazing! I can't believe I've never seen it before. I prefer thin-lipped ones myself.

Jewels said...

Thanks Mar, You probably haven't seen it since you've been to my house like, once? The secret to a good cup is a thin lip turned slightly outward.