Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Raindrops aren't falling on our heads...

Here in the midwest, when we have a dry summer, the grass gets an overwhelming brownish, yellowish greeny cast to it unless you water it. We have gotten exactly 0 inches of rain so far this month and very little in June. Our yard is actually looking fine thanks to John's diligent watering, but much of the surrounding area is anti-green. And I just don't see much beauty in that.
We have had many days of pending rain and today is one of them, so everyone is eagerly awaiting a deluge from the heavens. Yesterday, I was talking to a fruit farmer and empathizing with him about the lack of rain, but he whipped me in to shape when he said that his uncle always said, when God wants the crops, he'll send the rain! So okay, today, I will just find beauty in knowing that God is in control and knows what he is doing.

Edit: When I went to the store this afternoon, it started to rain. I came home to this sweet little thing sitting on my front porch:

june 016

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jewels,

Now that Mart is attached to your blog, I can also spy on your family. It is quite entertaining. You are a great writer and I love your spiritual emphasis!

It has rained here in southern Ohio all day and promises more rain through tomorrow. My flowers and grass are refreshed. I hope you have received some of this moisture.

Much love
Aunt Becky

Jewels said...

Welcome to my blog, Aunt Becky. It's great to hear from you! We finally did get that rain...
Hope you'll be stopping by again!

Anonymous said...

I love this picture!

Jewels said...

Thanks Mother,

I was so excited for you to see it when you came this summer, but now that fell through! I have your present just sitting here!