Monday, July 17, 2006

Garbage In, Garbage Out

Warning: this is a big set up for something Edward & I thought was pretty funny, but you might not...

Locally, we have a new trash service which says on the side of the truck, "2 Calvin grads putting their education to waste." One day as I was on my daily walk, the truck was right ahead of me (always a smelly pleasure when a trash truck is right ahead of your walking) and I noticed how a robotic arm was coming out of the side and lifting up each of the trash containers parked out in front of the houses in exactly the same position. I told John later how cool it was because the truck went down the street so fast picking up all the carts. I told him because we use a different service and I thought it might be worth checking in to this one.

So this afternoon, when John & I were having one of our bi- or tri-daily check-in calls while he was at work & I was home, the truck went by. I said, oh there goes that trash truck, blah blah blah, and John said, that's okay, I don't need a play by play, and so I realized, no he is working, he does not need to hear this, so I quickly said good-bye. Edward thought this was pretty funny when I told him dad said he did not need a play by play, and he told me I should have told him I can blog about it and you can read all about it later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got a chuckle out of this one!

Jewels said...

Thanks, it makes me laugh even when I reread it...