Monday, May 15, 2006

A Cool Thing

In church yesterday, we sang an old hymn, "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" and the band added a tin whistle which was so great. I was very, how should I say it, touched, inspired, moved? It was just that good.
So after church and our great Mother's Day outing, I was at home checking in with one of my blogging friends on the total other side of the world, I mean a perfect 12 hour difference in time zones, so that I could probably dig straight through the center of the earth to get to her house, and she had already posted an entry for Sunday since she is 12 hours ahead, and what do you know, she said, the song in church that really touched her today was, are you ready for this? Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing!

Come, Thou Fount of every blessing,
Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;
Streams of mercy, never ceasing,
Call for songs of loudest praise.
Teach me some melodious sonnet,
Sung by flaming tongues above.
Praise the mount! I’m fixed upon it,
Mount of Thy redeeming love.

4 comments:

pearlie said...

Yes, I think this is cool :)

Rom 15:5 May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus, that together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
~ Rom 15:5-6

Jewels said...

Great verses Maeghan, thanks. Can you imagine when you get to those in class? :)

Anonymous said...

meow meow meowmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww (get me food!)
-kitty

pearlie said...

Julia,
I know what you mean, and I am looking forward to it. The Word of God is undescribably wonderful.