Monday, November 02, 2009

Birthday Week Kick-off

There's something special about the week starting with November 1. The ugly holiday is over, Thanksgiving is coming, All Saint's day. Yesterday, it was so great to see our friends at church, and then we met Edward at Wolfgang's in Eastown for a pre-birthday brunch. And later, our friends Cathy & Ben came over for a rousing game of Trivial Pursuit.

jj 009-1
The waitress was kind enough to take our pre-birthday brunch photo

brunch triptych
The kids enjoyed big sweet plates of Belgian waffles and French toast

edward
I was trying to capture some of the left-over glitter from Edward's "Edward Cullen vampire costume" but you can't see it

jj 018
I had Spinach Eggs Benedict

emb wolfgangs
What fun kids! I love how they know how to do this part.

3 comments:

Annette Gysen said...

Hey Julia! Happy birthday a day early! I sent you an email but I'm wondering if you still have the same email address . . . Let me know if it's changed!

ELK said...

a birthday?!?...forever young Julia, oh but the kids keep growing!!

Anonymous said...

The food and the company look to be fabulous!