Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Volvo Love

volvo
Taken last evening in our driveway after we went "volvoing" to Meijer

If you happen to like Volvos, then you know what I'm talking about. It's not like we LOVE inanimate objects, but you know. John went on a great adventure this past weekend down to Athens, Georgia. He got a one way plane ticket to Atlanta with the goal in mind of finding an old Volvo station wagon without the corrosive effects you find in the harsh winters of the northern climate we live in and since his old Volvo was history. He found the perfect car, spent some good time with his brother who teaches at UGA, and drove it back to Michigan on Monday. Now we can continue to go "volvo-ing."

Later, as I was reflecting on why John likes old Volvos I was thinking it makes sense because he likes me and I'm a kind of a dependable old classic. The analogy holds up when you think of how my dad likes big black Mercedes' and my Uncle Ray loves bright red sports cars -isn't that right, Mom & Aunt Michaela? LOL!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great looking Volvo - what year?

Jewels said...

1991, a good old year :)

Brown Eyed Girl said...

I like that car and a great story to go with it.

The Great Aunt said...

Yes...!! The Great Uncle still love red fast cars....but has settled for a White Jag. Ha!

Jewels said...

Thanks Robin!

Great Aunt - You must be all the fast red car-ness he needs then! lol

Anonymous said...

I'm glad he found one and got to visit with family!

Anonymous said...

I'm on my third Volvo. The first two wer'e like your station wagon, and now I have a newie 2006 sport utility--I love it and boy is it peppy. Just found your blog--very nice!

Jewels said...

Kim - Thanks, he had a great time!

Kelly - Sounds like you know all about volvo love.... :)

Anonymous said...

is this to replace the van????
Ruth

Jewels said...

Nope, this is John's... though I would love it.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Julia, You know us all so well don't you?