Monday, September 24, 2007

The Bricks of Bedum

Bedum was the primary destination of our trip and these are some of the landmarks in the town which we have always heard about. Each of them is a story in itself.
gemeentehuis
The Gemeentehuis, or City Hall, where Oma & Opa were married

school
School of the Bible where Dad went to school

hotel gem
Hotel Gemeentehuis where we stayed

netherlands 550-1
The Church with the leaning tower.

netherlands 419-1
The house where Oma lived.

netherlands 431-1 netherlands 596-1
The garage where Dad was born and the house where he lived later

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are awesome! I have sent some of the Dutch cousins your blog address. I'm so happy Dad and I took our own personal photographer.

Jewels said...

Thanks Elizabeth- You can take me anytime!

Anonymous said...

Interesting! Interesting! What great photos you have posted. You said you took 800 photos. Well I am anxious to see them all.

The Dutch people are reputated to be so neat and clean. I especially noticed how windows sparkled and grounds were neatly kept. Jewels you should do a Travelogue with these photos!

Jewels said...

Donna,

I hope to post more pictures in the days ahead but you would get bored with all 800!

Annette Gysen said...

Great pictures, Julia. Henry will like these!

Jewels said...

Thanks Annette. I hope he does ;)

pearlie said...

Oh! I love these pictures! Love these brick buildings - beautiful colours and architectural designs. Lovely!

Jewels said...

Pearlie- It's a beautiful place to see!