Sunday, December 03, 2006

Messiah

sunday 011

Last night, John & I went downtown to hear Handel's Messiah by the Calvin Oratorio Society. I don't think we had been to it since the kids were born and I had forgotten what a great time this is listening to the 140 person choir, the 4 soloists and the orchestra. I was thinking that Mom & Dad should have been there, oh, and all the people I know, and a few angels. Then that would be like heaven.

So now Advent and the Christmas season has officially begun.

For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given, and the government shall be upon His shoulder; and His name shall be called
Wonderful Counselor
The Mighty God,
The Everlasting Father,
The Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6

7 comments:

Bob said...

That does sound heavenly.

Nice snowy shot with the red berries. I really think I could handle living just a smidge farther north.

Jewels said...

Hi Bob,

The snow is pretty this time of year. It gets kind of old in March or April or May....:)

Anonymous said...

Julia,

I have often wondered what music could be more beautiful than the Messiah. I fully expect that when I get to heaven the angels will be singing the hallelujahs to this wonderful melody.

Aunt Becky

Jewels said...

Thanks, Bobbi,

Amen to that, Aunt Becky!

Anonymous said...

This is an awesome picture!

pearlie said...

Oh! now THAT is my favouritest Christmas song - For Unto us by Handel.

Gracie said...

fabulous photo. i spied a similar tree on my way home recently, totally snow ladened, and wished I had a camera. so. cool. go you!