Monday, August 03, 2009

Lessons Learned

daisy 009-1

All summer long, I have driven so quickly by the daisies out in the garden. Oh, they are so common; I'll photograph them another day, I thought. I was so busy with my camera anyway. I had some time and the urge yesterday, so I went out to find them at various stages of decay.

daisy 002-1

Yesterday, I found out that Stella, whose wedding I photographed last week, has been getting sicker and couldn't make it to church. Another friend had made a cake in the shape of a cross to celebrate their marriage. Please say a prayer for her.

daisy 003-1

5 comments:

ELK said...

this
post
says
so
much
..
i
will

Elizabeth said...

Julia,
Absolutely love the first picture and am saving it! Will remember Stella in prayer.

Anonymous said...

Just said a prayer for her.

Unknown said...

Rust never sleeps.....

Tea with Tiffany said...

We take similar shots of flowers. I've been spending lots of time shooting mine. Hope to frame them as art and maybe even sell them to help a good cause!