Sunday, March 01, 2009

God Winked at Us

moon saturn diptych
The Moon and Venus, Feb. 27, 2009

Friday night, John & I were riding home from somewhere and we saw the crescent moon right next to the planet Venus. It was quite amazing! I wanted to take a photo of it and promptly forgot until I checked my e-mail. A friend asked me if I had gotten a shot of it... John was ready for a little nap, so he did not mind me going off to be weird for a second. Sadly, an important piece of my tripod is missing, so I'm in tripod never-never land (this means that you do not have one to use and you are not ready to go buy a new one); anyway, I took my monopod, hopped in the van, and went out looking for a field to shoot the moon.

6 comments:

pearlie said...

that is so cool.

Deirdre Honner said...

GREAT picture!

Brown Eyed Girl said...

We saw that too on Friday night. I was wondering what star/planet that was.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome!

Paul's Blog said...

We saw the Moon and Venus that night, too! Great photos.

spread your wings said...

great shot. i missed seeing it.