Sunday, October 12, 2008

You Only Turn 13 Once...

I found out I still have what it takes to take part in a slumber party as Bridget & I were invited to Emily's 13 year old birthday bash Friday night. It was held at a nearby hotel where we stayed in a suite with Cathy, Emily & 4 of her other friends. Cathy had a great night planned with swimming, a carousel ride, scavenger hunt, group photo session, pizza, games, cake and ice cream all by 1 am! We were rejoicing together that our babies were teenagers, lol. We also had a huge breakfast and more swimming in the morning. Can you believe we also got sleep in there?

bridget carousel emily carousel

emily et all
I had a scare when the 174 pictures that I took disappeared from my camera. I got a card reader from Radio Shack and was able to retrieve them after I was pretty much resolved to the idea that some memories are just too great to capture.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! I'm glad you were able to retrieve the pictures!

Anonymous said...

and then again... I don't want to be thirteen again!

ELK said...

looks like a great party ~ oh the energy of a 13 year old!

Gracie said...

I love love LOVE the birthday girl's expression in the pix with all the girls. She looks absolutely radiant. And she should be on her very birthday. Nice capture, J!

Gracie said...

wait, maybe it's b/c she's holding a credit card? Or is it the room key? hmmm...

Jewels said...

Yes, it was quite the time, and yup Gracie, that's room key :)

cathyann said...

I am sooooooo glad that in addition to being a great ping pong pal, you are capturing my life in your blog!! I love this stuff, and am so thankful you have time to do this, and that you enjoy it so much. :-)