Thursday, August 21, 2008

Blooms in August

I didn't mean for anyone to think yesterday that my peonies were still blooming. I just said that reading the poem made me think of them. In real time, our garden is for the most part past its prime. That's why I was thrilled yesterday when Maria asked me if I could take some photos of her for her "school pictures", our record of her as a Junior in High School. I was a little tired to go out on location, so we stayed in our own yard, and Maria, with her bright outfit from Spain, was blooming enough.

maria close up

maria rockstar

maria grape leaves maria yellow

maria superhero

6 comments:

Gracie said...

gorgeous photos. and lovely subject. :-)

Dine With Donna said...

Do we get to vote and how long can we take to choose our favorite photo. What beautiful children!

Jewels said...

thank you...

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful! Maria has a wonderful light about her.

Jewels said...

Thanks Beanish, I found some great lighting out in the yard to help out!

Anonymous said...

In the top picture, Maria looks like her Aunt Susan. I'm afraid the Boumans can't claim her!