Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Great Purple Jewel

I know I said I would reveal the secret in the comments, but since you may not remember to go back and look, I'll post the answer here.

purple thing2

The purple round thing is a bowling ball covered by purple glass beads. It's actually garden art made by HRH The Queen Mother, but since she first told me it was a bowling ball, that's what I see when I look at the picture. I'm thinking it will look better when I see it in real life.

Side note: The Queen Mum is not a bowler.

11 comments:

Annette Gysen said...

Ummmm--I think I conjectured that it was some kind of ball painted purple. While I guess it wasn't painted, it was definitely some kind of ball. I think I should get some points for that, Mrs. Smilde.

Jewels said...

Yes, In my head I gave you a few points, Annette.

Bob said...

A fine piece of work, Aunt Bev!

Bob said...

P.S. I'm glad it's purple.

pearlie said...

Ahhhh ... nice! :)

Anonymous said...

She may not be a bowler but my beloved cousin Beverly Ann is a gem (no pun intended) of a creative woman. Talented galore, a very lovely lady. Jodi :)

Jewels said...

Hi Jodi!
True, a real gem she is :)

Anonymous said...

I've seen this "art" in real life and the picture does do it justice.
Allie purchased the bowling ball at a garage sale for .50 and believe it or not it was already purple.
PS Hi Ju ! "e-e-e"

Jewels said...

Very funny, Ann; here's one for ya' - if a Ju-tree is alone in a forest, does it still go "e-e-e"?

I should have mentioned that Allie bought it for 50 cents b/c that would have been a good part of the story.

Unknown said...

The fascinating thing is not that so much that it is a bowling ball covered by beads, so much as the fact that the Queen Mum would do such a thing.

Jewels said...

Uncle Al- I'm surprised you find that surprising...