Monday, August 27, 2007

Another First

summer 011
Bridget's First Day of Seventh Grade

The kids all started school today and I took the obligatory first day of school photo of Bridget. The other 2 started at 10am today and they said I could take their picture tomorrow. This week is a bit like a fake week of school anyway since they have Friday & Monday off for Labor Day. Bridget is trying to get back into the Eastern Time Zone again today. She is used to sleeping till almost noon and today she woke up at 6:30 am, after a false start at 5 am. So anyway, I have woken her up twice this afternoon already so she can get to sleep tonight.

I thought it would be interesting to compare the above picture with Bridget's first day of kindergarten. It truly is a day filled with great hope and potential.

bridget k-garten 1st day
Bridget, First Day of Kindergarten, 2000

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet!

Annette Gysen said...

That's amazing! She's wearing yellow and carrying pink in both pictures!

Jewels said...

Very perceptive, Annette!

Nick Meertens said...

I like this idea of making a picture every year at the first day of school! My first child is only 10 months old, but in a few years time I'm gonna borrow your idea if that's allright with you...

Jewels said...

Hi Nick,

Of course! I'm sure your pictures will be great. It has been a fun tradition for us. Julia

Bob said...

Back in the Eastern time zone? Hilarious! What parent of teenagers wouldn't understand?!

jessica said...

bridget, you look so cute!