Saturday, October 02, 2010

Fun Times at ArtPrize

I had the great opportunity to go out and "do ArtPrize" with my friend Deirdre the other night! I love her laughing-so-hard-that-we-can't-breathe description of the evening. So true! We had a ball!

There is such a wide variety of "art" to see during ArtPrize which really makes you think about what art is and how maybe it really is in the eye of the beholder. I'm kind of thinking of it more broadly as a way of sharing your experience of life in the world. Some of it borders on the more crafty side, some seems like an advertisement. The good thing is though, there is just so much beauty to behold when you walk around and look. Here are a few things I saw:

boundless diptych
Boundless, by Boyan Marinov (made of chains)

IMG_2993
Ladder, Albert Young

IMG_2995
Flights of Learning, Bryce Pettit

IMG_2930
Red Pillared, Herb Babcock

IMG_2968
IMG_2977
Rivet Carp, Al Weston

IMG_2934
Her Open Eyes, Abigail Bradley

IMG_2937
Living, Pamela Alderman

IMG_2951
Hope Eternal, Marie Davis

2 comments:

Deirdre Honner said...

You are so awesome. And I am so grateful that you are my friend. :)

Sister Paula said...

Beautiful photos Julia! Gorgeous.